Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Luckily, I have a big strong spider killer.

And no it's not Twila. It's the hubby. And he is really good at this job. Which is good because I really really REALLY don't like spiders. It's like we're a perfect match or something! ;)

So, you're probably wondering where this post is headed with a title and intro like that. And the answer is.....I will NOT miss the spiders.

Things I will miss about Haslet:
  • the beautiful big open sky
  • seeing the stars and the sunset
  • seeing cute little bunnies in the yard
Thing I will most definitely not miss about Haslet:
  • the mutant spiders attacking me
  • trains blocking me into the neighborhood
  • stupid neighbors walking in the middle of the streets and not moving for cars
  • that it takes 30 minutes to get to anything worthwhile
  • losing satellite signal for no apparent reason
It's almost time for us to leave. And we have so much still to do. But being attacked by a mutant spider once again this morning makes me feel like I'm so ready. I am finding it hard to believe we'll be gone in four days. But the past year and a half has been really hard and I'm ready to start over and have things finally be better. And seriously, I am so ready to have things five minutes away again and be able to order pizza that isn't Mr. Jim's! That probably sounds ridiculous to most of you, but really, it is super exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment