Monday, December 17, 2012

Catching up on capturing December



My fellow teachers, and probably most of the rest of you also, know how busy December can be.  Along with all the usual hustle and bustle of the holidays, I get to add end of term craziness and 24 kiddos bouncing off the walls ready for break!  Yay.  Anyway, I've been doing pretty good with the actual picture taking, but not so much with the blog.  So I'm taking a few minutes for me and catching up.  :)

Day 11: Green.
  We have green ornaments on our green tree.  :)

Day 12: A beautiful sight.
   I'm sure this is not what the creator of this little challenge had in mind, but recently this is where my mind has been.  This is my "school bag."  The bag I take my work back and forth to school in.  And this particular night it was empty.  I brought nothing home.  It was pretty beautiful to me!

Day 13: Family
  James has been working till 7 most nights this month because the store has extended holiday hours.  Which means we don't get much time together in the evenings.  And it also means that I'm usually in sweats or PJs by the time he gets home.  This evening that was definitely the case, and I forgot about the picture until about 9:45.  So rather than get all dolled up just to go to bed, we took it as is.  But I'll give you a bonus and put a nice picture up of us as well.  This is what we sent out on our Christmas cards this year.  (That's right we're adults now, we sent out nice Christmas cards! :)

Day 14: Christmas Tree
   So here is our tree.  I tried to play with the settings on the digital camera to make it look cool like everybody does on Pinterest, but I didn't have much luck with that and they were really hard to find.  Got the best result without messing with it all.  Maybe next year I'll have a new tree to take pictures of.....

Day 15: Favorite holiday song
  No contest it's "White Christmas." And it has to be Bing.  Although close behind it are the version of "Silent night" with "God so loved by Jaci Velasquez, "Christmas Canon" by TSO, and "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" by pretty much anyone.

Day 16: Outside Christmas lights
   I intended to take a much better picture, but we had a date yesterday in New Orleans to see "The Hobbit" and eat at P.F. Chang's, and I ended up just nabbing this on our way into the complex around 11 last night.  These people are in the building next to ours and have taken their outside Christmas lights to the extreme.  They both have way more lights than you need on a small patio, and inflatable snowmen.  Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment