Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 3: Red

Um, most of you know, we kinda have a thing for penguins here in the Henderson household.  James had a collection for quite a while.  Our coin bank is a penguin.  There are penguins on our Christmas ornaments.  When I got my Cricut, the first thing we cut were penguins.  The Christmas dishes on our table right now are penguins.  We did an ornament swap for his company Christmas party......we brought penguins.  :) Which, on a side-note, were the most stolen items.  Because penguins are awesome.

So......red.



Turns out my assistant also has a thing for penguins!  How awesome is that!  So....we decided we should do some penguin projects and decorations the next couple weeks.  Two reasons.  1. We can leave them up into January and not be stressed about changing everything right when we get back.  2.  We're reviewing next week, then the next we're reviewing some more and taking CTAs, so we thought the kids might stay more focused if we made it a mini-thematic unit.  :)  Anyway, I found this guy on Pinterest.  I showed him to my assistant today, and helped cover the door.  Less than a half hour later, we came back in from recess and she had this up!  She rocks, and I love the penguin to pieces!  He is so awesome!  :)  We're not done yet with everything we plan to do, so I will *try* to post the rest of it too.  But he was perfect for my red today!

No comments:

Post a Comment