Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 8: Ornament

Photo: Day 8: ornament

got this little guy at hallmark.  we had bought an ornament as a gift, then decided we weren't going to give it.  come to find out you can only exchange for another ornament (which they neglected to tell me when i bought it).  so we got this cute little one for us.  he's the first in a series.  :)

Got this little guy at Hallmark. We had bought an ornament as a gift, then decided we weren't going to give it. Come to find out you can only exchange for another ornament (which they neglected to tell me when I bought it).  As you can imagine, I was less than satisfied as a customer when I found out they didn't think it necessary to share that policy with me when I purchased two ornaments the week before, especially since I even told the lady I wanted to spend my money in Hallmark on a different gift.  I may have been a little bit rude, which I try not to do since I've been on the other side of the counter.  But it's seasonal merchandise, and really should be something you tell people.  And she even told me if I came back later an owner could override it.  So why can't you do it now?!  Anyway, needless to say I won't go back to that particular Hallmark.  They didn't even have the other item I was shopping for anyway.  We talked while doing some other shopping, and decided we'd follow the rules and trade for another ornament we liked.  But I was not about to go back to that store.  When we went to the other Hallmark in the mall, they let us trade the ornament and even gave us the two dollars difference like it was nothing.  So we got this cute little one for us. He's the first in a series. :)  I guess my mother-in-law is rubbing off on me.  Their tradition is for everyone to get an ornament each Christmas, and they all have a particular series they collect.  Since he was the first in this "cookie cutter" series, we thought maybe we could start our own little Henderson tradition.  I'm really excited, particularly this Christmas season since we'll be on our own for the majority of it, to start developing traditions we want to have with our own family.  Some of those will be from his side, and some from mine, and some from neither.  But this might be one we adopt permanently from the Hendersons.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment